These days, rape has evolved to be a culture which is totally unacceptable, as men of all races, classes and ages have contributed to this disease which is known to be a stigma on the victims.
There have been different fights against rape, and it has taken different forms which is very commendable. On the social media for instance, you would see various hashtags from time to time, which talks about the movement against rape.
Also, some have taken to using T-shirts as a means to combat rape, and it has been seen to have its benefits.
Below are the reasons why T-shirts are effective in fighting rape:
- It teaches children about the gravity of rape: Using T-shirts which expresses utter contempt about hate, tells children that it is something which is not acceptable in the society. Furthermore, young boys would be taught about the gravity of rape, and why there is something known as sexual consent.
- The media helps in publicizing it: Every now and then, whenever people take to the roads, in a fight against drug abuse or any social vice, the media is known for further publicizing them. The same applies to T-shirts against rape. You can be sure that everyone who is online would get to see it.
- It encourages people not to be onlookers: Wearing a T-shirts which talks about fighting rape, suggests that we should not be onlookers alone. Rather, we should lend our voices together, in order to ensure that we fight against this menace, which affects young girls and women alike. Hence, when almost everyone seems to be participating, we can be sure that the rate of rape would reduce drastically, and possibly end.
- It helps in creating policies: When people are not happy concerning an ongoing problem, and their complaint has gone on for a long time, the government of the nation would be encouraged to create policies which would stand in their favour.
- It assists big organizations who are fighting against rape: Certainly, there are organizations who are fighting against rape, and when they see that a fewer group of people are showing their commitment in ending rape, they would be motivated. They would also feel encouraged to offer their own form of support in return.